Software QA Engineer, Video Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications team is looking for a senior software QA engineer to contribute to the production of innovative tools for video makers and visual storytellers. This position requires a highly self-directed individual with strong creative and analytic skills, a passion for emerging technologies, and a desire to learn.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical AND creative thinker committed to driving quality forward
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Proven bug detection, bug writing, and regression skills
- Superior organizational and communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Inquisitive and persistent problem solver
- Experience with video/film post-production workflows strongly preferred
- Knowledge of any of the following software packages highly desirable: Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Resolve
- Familiarity with MacOS is essential and iOS is a plus
- Video/Audio compression knowledge is a plus
We are looking for a motivated, creative, enthusiastic individual, able to excel in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, designing, maintaining and executing test cases. Black box testing, potentially with additional scripts and tools, is a necessity. Your ability to concisely report bugs with impeccable isolation and regression techniques will be the key to your success. You will be required to juggle a wide variety of work that will rely on your talent for managing priorities and communicating progress/risk effectively and systematically. Your ongoing curiosity and commitment to self-education in video technologies as well as new testing techniques is what will set you apart. You will work closely with other team members to help coordinate multi-functional test efforts. You will be in continual dialogue with Engineering and Design as products evolve. You will have deep appreciation for users and advocate on their behalf.
Education & Experience
3+ years of experience in product QA environments or similar working experience is required.