Audio DSP Firmware Engineer-
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for a Sr Audio Firmware Engineer. This role will span a broad range of audio delivery and work with a broad range of teams, including hardware, software, algorithm and QA. While the role is focused primarily on audio accessories, a key component of Apple’s ecosystem, there will be opportunities to work in other parts of Apple’s ecosystem as well. The work done in IMG Audio directly impacts the end user experience through high profile features such as Telephony, FaceTime, Siri, media playback, and audio/video capture.
- - 5+ years experience in embedded platforms
- - Excellent C/C++ coding skills. Some assembly experience is a plus.
- - Bringing up audio hardware and prototyping systems
- - Ability to work with a variety of teams or independently as needed
- - Familiarity with real-time audio (sample rates, buffering, drivers, etc) is a plus
- - Optimizing code for programmable DSP’s is a plus
- - Understanding of DSP fundamentals in telephony or music is a plus
In IMG, Audio Firmware Engineers have opportunities spanning all aspects of product development. For the early stages, collaboration with multi-functional engineering teams to define new products, product features and requirements and crafting the system architecture to accommodate them are primary activities. As those definitions crystalize, development and optimization of embedded C/C++ code running on different architectures and support of bring-up and debug of prototype hardware become the focus. Concurrently, working with internal and external teams to bring products to mass production ensures that customers receive what was intended. This position can be in either Culver City or Cupertino.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS or EE