Core Audio Triage Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core Audio team within the Interactive Media Group is looking for an energetic engineer to join the team. In this role, you will help us understand incoming bugs, decide actionable steps, assign to appropriate engineers, and write test code to broaden automated test coverage based on the triaged bugs. IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is seeking an engineer who will work across the audio stack in collaboration with other engineers and QA to triage, debug, and address software failures.
- Experience developing software in C++, Objective C, and/or Swift.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills along with a diligent mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated learning and a passion for learning new technologies
- We are looking for experience with working with Audio APIs is desirable
- We are looking for experience with working with low level system APIs is highly desirable
- 3+ years of software development/testing experience
This is a high visibility job that involves a deep understanding of what everyone on the team is working on. The successful candidate combines a love of iOS and Audio with a strong dedication to product quality and reliability. Excellent communication and collaboration are a must, as you will be asked to work closely with team members and other engineering teams. Areas of Responsibilities: - Screen incoming bugs (understand, reproduce and regress) for our components - Develop tools that will help in quick triage of bugs - Understand software components owned by the engineering team - Use debugging and performance analysis tools to do initial analysis of bug reports - Identify potential trends in incoming bugs and escalate to multi-functional team members. Develop tests to prevent future regressions in component behavior.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS, EE, or related, with an interest in digital audio
- The following experience would be preferred, though applicants without this experience are welcome to apply:
- Experience with the IOS SDK and Core Audio Development:
- Strong interest in digital audio technology
- Experience with and a passion for audio / music applications