Battery NPI Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for engineering professionals with strong technical, communication and leadership skills to drive our Battery new product introductions (NPI) to meet the demanding technical, quality and schedule requirements for Apple products. Apple’s Battery organization architects, designs, builds, and tests battery modules across all Apple product lines, which require complex and detailed electrical, firmware, mechanical and chemical designs. Over the past several years, Apple has delivered battery innovations in form factor, battery safety and security, gauging and charging schemes, and energy density. As an Engineering Project Manager within Apple's Product Design organization, you will be responsible for leading the development process from Architecture to Mass Production for our Battery Design and Integration and Operational teams.
- 5+ years of related technical background in Computer or Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Consumer Electronics experience preferred (not required).
- Excellent leadership, data presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically and broadly to comprehend, communicate and drive complex design trade-offs.
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies.
- Results-oriented and dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Remain flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity, and rapid development cycles.
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes.
• In this role you will drive the daily activities to meet overall program objectives, and focusing on process within product definition and engineering design cycles. • Identify multi-functional design dependencies and risks. • Clearly define and document design trade-offs. • Influence and negotiate project architecture and design with System teams and within Battery team to ensure proper scoping. • Develop & drive project schedules. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for product definition decisions. • Enable the development effort by crafting and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process. • Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects. • Facilitate communication and collaboration across engineering functions and operations. • Brief project status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors, up to executive management.
Education & Experience
• BS Engineering degree or equivalent required; MS Engineering degree preferred