Wireless Connectivity Software EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The OS Software Engineering Program Office is looking for an experienced project manager to work on initiatives in the AirPods and associated areas.
- Prior project management experience in a tech environment (identifying risks, developing mitigation and getting people and teams aligned).
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices (feature/release planning, execution, risk assessment, bug tracking etc.) and associated workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions – all the way up to execs
- You exhibit a bias for action and remain unfazed by ambiguity or lack of information. You are unafraid to ask the right question to make progress.
- Curiosity - you take an interest in the technology/product you’re working either as end user advocate or going deep in a particular area. Comfortable with learning new things to deliver higher quality results.
- Flexibility - you can be analytical and rely on data when appropriate but can also use on product sense when needed.
Partner with SW/HW Engineering, Design and other cross functional teams to define, plan, track & execute new features across all OS platforms and AirPods firmware Serve as the point-of-contact AirPods software support across all 4 platforms i.e. iOS/macOS/watchOS and tvOS Partner with component engineering and QA teams to deliver high quality software releases - own all aspects of program execution (feature planning, bug convergence etc.) Drive cross-functional engineering projects and facilitate decision making. Take ownership in driving solutions when faced with lack of clarity and/or information Tweak processes or insert new ones to constantly keep improving planning and execution efficiency and quality
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Prior work or educational experience with wireless technologies is a plus