Camera HW Image Quality Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware and software for Apple products. The team is looking for an extraordinary Camera Image Quality Engineer with responsibilities for camera test algorithm development and camera characterization and benchmarking.
- You will have proven fundamentals in digital signal and image processing, pattern recognition, and data analysis
- Experience driving Algorithm development from prototype to real-time deployment
- Possess strong programming skills. Preferred languages: Matlab, Python, Objective C, C/C++ and Swift
- You have a good understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodology
- Knowledge of optics, camera test setup
- Experience with objective camera bench testing and subjective image quality analysis
- Have some knowledge of megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, lens selection and qualification, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, and be familiar with imaging algorithms (auto-exposure, auto white balance, auto-focus,..etc.)
- You have familiarity with camera ISP pipeline
- You are familiar with camera components and functions
Developing algorithm for lab type testing for camera evaluation. Supporting camera tuning team on ISP optimization. Performing testing and data analysis on benchmark products Designing and supporting of production line testing setups. Delivering executive level presentations of results.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering, Imaging Science, Physics, Color Science, or equivalent preferred.