Privacy Standards Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Excited by the possibility of working within Apple to improve privacy in 3GPP, SC27, and W3C standards? Apple’s User Privacy team seeks an engineer with a passion for standards to work with teams inside Apple and outside with international standards groups to develop the next generation of privacy standards and ensure privacy with a wide range of standards bodies and trade associations. Your responsibility will be to ensure the privacy of standards that will impact millions of customers and developers worldwide.
- Passion for customer privacy
- Ability to learn and research new technologies and standards rapidly, assess them for privacy exposures, and drive changes to enhance privacy.
- Previous participation in standards or regulatory bodies
- Strong collaboration, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to track and manage numerous parallel activities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to identify, investigate, and triage difficult problems
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
As a Privacy Standards Engineer, you will be responsible for working with other teams at Apple to represent us in the international standards community, working both to develop new privacy standards and ensure that privacy is respected in technology standards. You will work with a variety of teams at Apple whose features must protect consumer privacy while simultaneously delivering a great user experience and meeting or exceeding any relevant standard. In addition, you will: evaluate emerging standards for privacy exposures, work with Apple engineering teams to make recommendations that enhance privacy and align with Apple’s product plans, and inform engineering teams as to the latest developing standards and their possible impact on Apple. - You will need to have a strong grasp of software concepts, superb communication skills, and a passion for protecting privacy. - Creative problem solving, analytical, and deductive reasoning skills are essential for this position. - You will be working on multiple unrelated topics in any given week, so the ability to learn quickly and an excitement for new things is a must. - You will have prior experience with standards development or on standards bodies.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent experience.