Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are working to take the build, integration and test process of the low-level components of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS to the next level (think kernel and low-level libraries). We don’t have all of the answers on how to do that yet, perhaps you do? We are exploring, measuring and trying new things. We are responsible for integrating nearly a quarter of all changes that go into our OS releases and affect 1 billion+ customers, so this isn’t just a theoretical exercise. We won’t be satisfied with anything less than outstanding.
- An Integration Engineer who has the aptitude to add to a team being bootstrapped in the Core OS organization with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrate proficiency with Git as well as scripting languages (Python 2/3, Bash), if you are the right person, we don’t mind which technology you are used to, as long as you show flexibility
- always iterating and seeking new ways to automate repetitive tasks
- Comfortable writing code following TDD best practices
- Familiar with highly-scalable distributed systems and parallel workflows
- Have a deep understanding of branching and software configuration management
- Will work closely with engineering and Project Management teams, which requires very good communication and coordination skills
As Integration Engineer, you’ll oversee the integration process of the Kernel and related components for all of Apple’s OS releases. You’ll work as part of an agile team that is responsible for coordinating a large number of software changes on a daily basis. Our aim is to provide fast turnaround to all of our stakeholders. You will work hands-on with various tools to raise the bar for automation of day-to-day operations and rapidly deliver innovative solutions.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience