Laser Sensing Hardware – HW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation sensing technologies. The Laser-sensing hardware team integrates optical-sensing devices across many Apple products. We are looking for someone who knows analog and signal processing, has board-level design experience, and is excited about working with embedded systems. Experience with optical sensors is a plus but not required.
- - Strong electrical engineering and signal processing knowledge in analog and mixed-signal circuit design.
- - Hands-on EE experience with board-level bring-up, electrical lab/FA tools (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.), and modeling using SPICE or COMSOL.
- - Coding experience with a scripting (e.g., MATLAB or Python) and/or a compiled language (e.g., C++, C#, or Objective C) for HW automation and data acquisition.
- - Sensor and system-integration/embedded systems experience preferred.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excels in team environments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Sensor definition, specifically architecting analog front end requirements. - Sensor design/modeling, analog circuit simulations, schematics, and layout design/review of PCBs and flexible assemblies. - System validation and failure-mode/root-cause analysis. - Business travel to support product development (typical 10-15%). - Technology scoping, proof-of-concept investigations, and system level prototyping. - Analysis of manufacturing data to influence product decisions. CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical, Firmware, and Process Engineering. - Present to Executive Management on key developments / issues. - Strategic decision-making on technology and investments.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Electrical Engineering. Industry experience preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.