iOS Home Application Engineer
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
The iOS Home is the center for an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people interact with their homes. The team is seeking an expert engineer to help build the integrated Home experience on the iOS platform.
- Strong programming skills, preferably with C and Objective-C
- iOS user-interface programming experience
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules
- Excellent understanding of optimization and performance issues across OS software layers
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are important to our customers.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As an engineer on our team, your responsibilities will range from high-level user interfaces, to writing background processing and networking code, to developing frameworks used by other teams at Apple and third party developers. You'll be tasked with maintaining and improving existing features and implementing new and innovative ideas for the future. You will also be responsible for delivering the best possible application performance including fast launch times and smooth scrolling. We work closely with the other iOS engineering teams, human interface designers, privacy, security and other groups across Apple and our partners at other companies. Our goals are simple but the task is large - build the most amazing home automation experience in the world that our customers will love.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.