Siri - Client Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Would you like to contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The mission of the Siri Client team is to build, maintain, and evolve the accessible, engaging, and responsive Siri user experience across all of Apple's devices. As an engineer on our team, you will work on a product that makes complex technology easy to use for everyone. You will create and own new platform features and technologies. You will implement groundbreaking user interactions, building on revolutionary artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques. And you will do all of these things as part of our new, fast-growing group in Pittsburgh. Are you ready to join us?
- You are comfortable operating in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, where you work not just with other engineers but with designers, testers, managers, and executives.
- You have practical knowledge of fundamental software engineering concepts such as basic data structures, user interface frameworks, concurrency, and unit testing.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are self-motivated and curious, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve the world around you.
- You have a history of tackling challenging problems and persisting until they are solved.
- You thrive in a fast-faced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You have a passion for innovating down to the details to build polished, elegant experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
- You have proven experience developing in at least one programming language. We primarily use Objective-C, Swift, and C++, so experience in those languages is a plus, but is not a requirement.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, or have equivalent experience.
You will implement and improve the wide variety of features that comprise the Siri experience, working effectively across teams and organizations to build functionality and solve problems. You will build reliable, maintainable, easy-to-use systems that will be used by our team and other teams across the company. You will learn and provide feedback on new technologies — often before they are available to the public — and will use them to improve our codebase and create pioneering customer experiences. You will help bring up the Siri experience on unreleased hardware, ensuring that it is tailored precisely for the needs and capabilities of each device. You will work closely with Apple's design team to develop novel user experiences, refine existing capabilities, and create new features. Your code will ship at a massive scale, powering products that are important to the lives of millions of people around the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters preferred
- We are looking for people with a track record of excellence and the desire to play a pivotal role in the future of human-computer interaction. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across billions of their interactions with a personal, intelligent assistant who is available on Apple devices across more than 30 languages.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.