Siri - Client Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri Client team is looking to hire exceptional engineers to help us build, maintain, and evolve the daemons, frameworks, and user interfaces that power the Siri user experience on all of Apple’s devices. As an engineer on our team, you will work on a product that makes complex technology easy to use for everyone. You will create and own new platform features and technologies. You will implement groundbreaking user interactions, building on revolutionary artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques. And you will do all of these things as part of our new, fast-growing group in Pittsburgh. Are you ready to join us?
- You have substantial experience using Objective-C or Swift to build applications.
- You have practical knowledge of Apple’s fundamental developer APIs, such as Foundation, UIKit, Grand Central Dispatch, and XCTest.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, where you work not just with other engineers but with designers, testers, managers, and executives.
- You are self-motivated and curious, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve the world around you.
- You have a history of tackling challenging problems and persisting until they are solved.
- You have a passion for innovating down to the details to build polished, elegant experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, or have equivalent experience.
You will make substantial contributions to the software that comprises the on-device Siri experience, working effectively across teams and organizations to build functionality and solve problems. You will build reliable, maintainable, easy-to-use systems that will be used by our team and other teams across the company. You will triage, diagnose, and fix issues reported against our projects. You will learn and provide feedback on new technologies — often before they are available to the public — and will use them to improve our codebase and create pioneering customer experiences. You will help bring up the Siri experience on unreleased hardware, ensuring that it is tailored precisely for the needs and capabilities of each device. You will work closely with Apple's design team to develop novel user experiences, refine existing capabilities, and create new features. Your code will ship at a massive scale, powering products that are important to the lives of millions of people around the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.