Network Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering, EMEIA.
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization, we use technologies to help deliver the best user experience for our customers. We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals with superb communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams, to join our Site Reliability Engineering team that delivers Apple services to all of its customers around the world. You should be a self starter, motivated, with a positive and flexible approach to problems and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline. As a part of this dynamic team, you will help us build the Apple experience on a global scale.
- The successful candidate will have the following:
- A background or understanding of network support, operational experience in implementation, and running of global multi-site network environments. Knowledge of multi-vendor WAN, LAN, Internet, VPN remote access, and Firewall technology experience.
- Understanding of Cisco network product lines and technologies
- Experience with Arista, Juniper, Palo Alto and White Box product lines and solutions
- Working knowledge of Cisco Wireless technology and deployments
- Clear communication skills, both written and oral, deliverable to peer and senior management level experience.
- Virtualisation of networking infrastructure (Virtual routers, switches, firewalls, and cloud based solutions)
- Outstanding documentation skills, ability to develop Proof of Concept plans and results
- Acute attention to detail
- Ideally you would also have experience with:
- Monitoring tool knowledge
- Ticket management systems
- Change management process
- Flexible working
- Network automation
As Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for: - Operational support of network infrastructure solutions, implementation, and optimisation - Future design of next generation network infrastructure to ensure capabilities exceed that of the existing business requirements with a long term vision - Design of network remote edge office locations spanning EMEIA ranging from sales offices, to engineering locations. Assessment of business requirements and translating into a functional design to meet or exceed those demands - Working collaboratively with global engineering teams on innovating solutions - Provide training and mentoring to junior engineers in a structured, and recorded format. Provide team updates on new solutions and technologies to ensure that operational support is flawless in any transition. - Provide clear, concise documentation of any designs and solutions - Evaluate new platforms and solutions via Proof of Concept, including full documentation or process and results - Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with Global Network Architects on network optimisation - Participate in the regional High Risk Change Request approval process. - Be able to troubleshoot solutions as part of an escalation from Operational Support teams. Act as a problem or incident manager as appropriate - Maintain existing regional and global standards, maintain and update standards as technology changes, and see that standards are enforced.
Education & Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant IT discipline - CCNP / CCIE / JUNOS / JNCIP-M/ JNCIE / CISSP / OSX / UNIX
- - You are able to work in fast paced and dynamic environment with ability to multi-task, design and deliver solutions in a complex environment.
- - You are collaborative and a phenomenal teammate and have a sound business minded approach to design and service solutions.
- - You must hold a valid passport and able to travel across EMEI(India)A and the US.