Distribution Account Executive - Enterprise Market
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, we are here to grow Apple’s enterprise business. We’ve partnered with experts in enterprise, around the world, to change the way people work. We develop strategies that enable businesses to transform the way people work. To realize this goal, we build relationships, develop partner capabilities and ensure execution across the businesses. We collaborate closely with internal and external partners to create plans and programs that scale the business and adoption of the Apple ecosystem. Areas of work include new Business Development, Partner Management, and Distribution Enterprise Sales Programs.
- No matter the audience, you are an expert at presenting. And, you’re cool under pressure. You make the complex simple and you command an audience by bringing them along for the journey. You empower others to learn, to be curious and ultimately, share your passion for the Apple story. When challenged with complex questions, you share your deep knowledge of how our hardware, software and services integrate.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- You make the right decisions for Apple through deconstructing complex issues into actionable ideas, have the capacity to zero in on what is most impactful, and a willingness to say no to good ideas so that we can do something great.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique – but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. You’re a go to person with leadership, and are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and own the hard calls with minimal noise. You step up to conflicts and see them as opportunities to shine.
- You unlock the potential of every relationship. You do this by getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of experts at Apple. You have the ability to connect with and influence the right people, at all levels and functions in the company.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- You see around corners and look beyond just today. You have an understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and external pressures that may impact customer buying decisions. You understand how financials work to drive investment decisions within a company. You see the world through the eyes of the customer.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You understand there are many moving parts in an organization. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is needed for success. Understanding how business financials work, and strategies for sustaining profitable growth, are key to staying ahead of the competition. You analyze the market and think beyond the short-term.
- You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
We collaborate with Apple Commercial sales teams, demand planning, operations, finance, legal and marketing to support a holistic strategy to drive Enterprise Sales through our distribution partners. We will work with our distribution partners to assess and amplify current capabilities, develop new capabilities and help drive scale in our enterprise space. We build go-to-market strategies and programs that consider the holistic route to market, inclusive of the Commercial Resellers, VARs, Solution Resellers and Managed Service Provides as well as cross functional teams at Distribution (Sales, Product Management, Purchasing, Marketing). We develop channels to address the needs of large enterprise, mid-market and government markets.
Education & Experience
You have 8-10 years of experience in business development management, from strategy development to implementation, leading across diverse teams and balancing between delivering on short-term revenue goals, while seeing around corners to enable future growth. You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.