Manager, Operations & Maintenance- San Diego
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join our Real Estate and Development group. You will have a meaningful role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices. Our goal is to ensure these workplaces run smoothly, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and style as our products.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in at least two of the specialties under this position.
- Experience in equipment life cycle costing and performance evaluation.
- Strong organizational behavior skills.
- Excellent computer and electronic systems knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven leadership and management ability.
- Scheduling of resources and management of contracted personnel for strategic plant operation.
- Knowledge of estimating/planning for small project and plant equipment requirements.
- Ability to analyze work force performance and performance trends.
- Ability to interpret floor plans, blueprints, illustrations, drawings, maps, tables, and other supporting documents.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports.
- Will report to Site Property Manager.
Responsible for the management of all operations within the unit consistent with regional priorities and expected ends/results. With and through staff, develop plans and identify expected outcomes/results for each section of the unit. Identify disparity between "what is" (current condition) and "what ought to be" (desired condition) regarding regional priorities involving functions and responsibilities within the unit. Working with and through staff, develop plans and accountability systems to eradicate disparity between "what is" and "what ought to be" in terms of departmental and regional expected ends/results. Provide direction, oversight, and evaluation of each direct report regarding productivity in achieving expected ends/results and supporting regional priorities and expected results. With and through staff ensures effective utilization of corporate end user request and completion systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Construction Management, Facility Management or related field from an accredited institution. Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology or Certificate Program in Facilities Management or Facilities Maintenance w/ 10+ Years of relevant business experience.