IS&T Technical Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Advisor Tools Team is looking for a strong Program Manager to help drive strategy and development of tools supporting AppleCare Advisors and Contact Center strategies. This is a dynamic team with aggressive goals. It is a unique opportunity to work on strategic projects and help the AppleCare organization achieve its business goals. The team is cohesive and collaborative with amazing talent and tremendous drive. This role will split time between project management and release management duties. This role can be located on our campus in Austin, TX, Elk Grove, CA or Cupertino, CA.
- Knowledge of and experience with project/program management methodology - Agile, Six Sigma, PMI or other related certification a plus
- Experience managing projects/programs of all sizes, including large, cross-functional contact center or support initiatives, preferably with an emphasis on Contact Center Advisor tools
- 5-7 years project/program/release management experience
- Deep understanding of the AppleCare Contact Center Tools and Procedures is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick thinking and intuitive problem solving skills
- Ability to keep a cool head in stressful situations
- Strong leadership, presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships within the cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proficient knowledge of the system development life-cycles
- Sense of humor absolutely necessary
The Advisor Tools Program Manager will: Work as a release manager for multiple releases of the contact center CRM. Conceive, analyze, develop, and manage strategic process improvement and new, innovative program initiatives for Apple's support business. Analyze current state tools and procedures working toward strategic change to improve the contact center and help achieve their overall business objectives. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and are consistent within the larger context of the program/project. Gather and write business requirement documents and BHU's is a critical part of this role. Lead initiatives of various sizes from analysis through to implementation (from team specific to global in nature). Represent the Advisor Tools Team and the Support Programs organization as a whole to other internal groups and occasionally to customers to ensure that Apple's service and support objectives are understood. Coordinate efforts and ensure that internal groups are informed of new program developments in other Apple areas. Ensure a smooth, effective program introduction and implementation by coordinating support requirement efforts with cross-functional partners. Act independently and as a top-level contributor in determining project direction and frequently is a team leader on major, complex projects. Ensure initiative alignment with business vision, strategy and deployment within company. Travel is required as this is a global role.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.