Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, outstanding ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking a Finite Element Analyst to conduct structural, thermal, and dynamic analysis of sensing technology.
- You will have 3+ years of experience in advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in high volume consumer electronic products and/or modules. Direct experience with sensor technologies is preferred.
- Abaqus or ANSYS experience required (Abaqus preferred)
- Proficient in Matlab and Python scripting
- Structural and thermal-mechanical focus; non-linear FEA/FEM experience desirable. Additional analysis may include heat transfer, electromagnetic, piezoelectric, electrostatic, MEMS, and CFD
- Applied knowledge/experience with flex circuits, printed circuit boards, solder, adhesives, material science and basic chemistry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
- Collaboration:You should be able to communicate well with multi-functional team members, collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and give positively to the engineering community.
The FEA Engineer will own and drive analysis of state of the art designs, enabling early optimization prior to prototyping as well as root cause and failure analysis of difficult mechanical problems. - Generate finite element models/analytical models of mechanical parts, modules, and assemblies. - Static, dynamic, structural, and thermal-mechanical analysis. - Own and drive material characterization and testing to support modeling efforts. - Create innovative methods for analyzing behavior of difficult to observe and measure phenomenon. - Own, drive, and execute consistent methods of modeling and analysis of modules across programs. - Coordinate and work with other analysts to integrate module models into larger system assemblies. - Communicate and report analysis results to team as well as multi-functional peers and management on a regular basis. - Drive failure analysis, root cause efforts, and design of experiments to resolve hard problems. - Brainstorm and propose solutions to problems based on analysis data. - Generate applicable engineering specifications and build applicable processes to assure consistent early analysis and design validation of critical issues.
Education & Experience
MS in Mechanical Engineering required; PhD preferred
- You will work with us from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California and may participate in minimal international travel (<10%), as the team goes on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success.