Data Analyst, Retail People Strategy and Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Do you have a passion for helping others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People Strategy, Operations, and Analytics group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people. Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of innovators, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow professionally and support them in work and life. Join our team and you will help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products. People Strategy, Operations, and Analytics is looking for an analyst who is passionate about using data to identify and understand what drives the people of Apple Retail. This person will learn about the core tools and data sources used across Retail and use that expertise to construct reports that drive day-to-day and big picture People and Business decisions. They will work with other analysts, People Business Partners, and business leaders to define relevant metrics and create sustainable systems for the delivery of those metrics. They will work with IT partners to identify, design, clean, and enhance the data objects that help deliver key insights. They will support the build out of platforms and develop additional Tableau-based visualizations to help partners explore and discover data trends and opportunities. They are passionate about hands-on construction of reports and reporting tools from end-to-end to support big picture and deep dive analysis.
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Teradata, Oracle and MySQL with strong SQL execution and optimization skills.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting tools such as Business Objects, PowerBI.
- Familiarity with multiple platforms, tools, methodologies in the data management, reporting and advanced analytics space including Tableau, Python, SQL, R, Alteryx.
- Recent proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting in Tableau.
- Practical experience with analytics project cycle including: assessing the business request or need, identifying and extracting the correct data, data cleansing and exploration, analysis and modeling, reporting and sustainment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last-minute requests.
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships.
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast paced, highly-matrixed, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong written communication and presentation skills, with experience explaining complex analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
In partnership with other team members, intake and help shape data and reporting requests through a consultative process with partners, SMEs, and business leaders. In partnership with other analysts, design and maintain SQL Databases, TDE files, and other reporting objects to support deep dive analysis and automated reporting tools. Manage and maintain existing reporting platforms using Tableau and common web standards. Create both backend data structures and UI for dashboards and data browsers that help the People partners visually understand and gain insights from data. Construct and deploy reports through visualization tools like Tableau, on the web (HTML/PHP), or Keynote. Perform ad-hoc analyses and generate data sets to answer People/Business questions. Present and share findings to a range of business partners with an ability to speak beyond numbers and to the People and Business impacts.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred Consulting experience a plus.
- This role can be based in Cupertino, CA or New York City