Business Intelligence Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The Platform and Services Reporting and Analysis team is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst who can ensure timely, relevant, and accurate data is regularly processed, analyzed, and made available to influencers and decision-makers to help drive continual improvements for iCloud customers worldwide.
- Experience with analytical and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Splunk, Excel, SAS, R)
- Proven working knowledge of SQL and database design
- 3+ years experience working in a data-rich environment with data mining techniques and predictive analytics, preferably in businesses offering internet services
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extraordinary communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, to all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high workload and multiple responsibilities within strict deadlines
In this role you will develop, distribute, and maintain a suite of reports using a variety of reporting and analysis tools. Additional responsibilities include: - Extracting and aggregating data sets from various sources, including both databases and flat files - Identifying statistically significant patterns, correlations, and compiling questions raised by such analysis (i.e. what caused a particular spike or drop in Support contacts?) - Working with subject matter experts to pursue answers to questions raised by data analysis - Performing manual review of samples of case notes to validate reporting - Influencing requirements for improvements to reporting tools (bug fixes / enhancement requests), with a keen eye for eliminating manual data extraction and processing - Analyzing data sources, taxonomies, semantic conventions, and methodologies regularly to ensure data integrity from all relevant data sources - Assisting management with data/analysis needed for presentations to iCloud, AppleCare, and Marketing Executives
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree in statistical analysis, computer science, or related field.
- Proven ability to analyze technical support data pertaining to complex cloud-computing services such as iCloud
- An acute understanding of the iCloud Suite of Services, and Internet businesses in general