People Business Partner, R&D
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Come join Apple's R&D HR team. We are looking for a strategic People Business Partner who embodies our culture and core values. You'll be responsible for supporting some of the Hardware Technology teams which are in fast-growing mode.
- 7+ years of experience in an HR management, generalist, and/or business partnering role.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including influencing and ability to encourage innovation.
- Highly collaborative style. Willingness and demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a lead and a supporting team member.
- Proven leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Project Management skills where needed and appropriate
- Foundational understanding of HR analytics and experience with HR systems & tools is important
- You will closely partner with key business leaders and align HR and business strategies as well as work to have a depth of understanding of organizational objectives, including key business functions and processes. - Actively engage with business leaders on people strategy and through workforce planning and organization design and structure. - Partner with Apple University and business leaders to develop programs and initiatives which help educate and reinforce Apple culture with teams. - Expertly consult and advise on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager/employee issues, policies & procedures, misconduct, investigations, terminations, review of appealed terminations, reorganizations, EEOC claims, etc. - Partner with leadership to design and deliver appropriate talent planing activities that will identify talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans. Focus efforts on personal development needs, and promote a learning environment which supports on-the-job opportunities within the teams, and internally across the company. - Advise and support line management on local and global compensation and benefits initiatives. - Partner with management and Benefits to assist with the management of leaves, disabilities, and Worker’s Compensation. - Develop and work on special and cross-functional projects as needed. - Understand the training/development needs of organization and partner with corporate Training to deliver or secure appropriate training to the organization.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree is preferred
- Minimal travel may be required