Software Engineer (Java), Self-Service Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Self-Service Engineering team within the Engineering Solutions organization as a Senior Software Engineer. We are looking for an individual with back end development experience leveraging J2EE. You will be working in an enterprise environment building innovative client facing web applications. If you have a passion for quality and a keen eye for details you will be a great fit. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple SSE if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. In this role, you will design and build Apple's mission critical customer facing application and supporting web services. You will champion your ideas with peers, management and other engineering groups. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
- Hands on experience with design and development of highly available, distributed and scalable transactional enterprise systems.
- Strong Java/J2EE background.
- Expert level knowledge of WebServices and popular framework such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases, distributed cache and clear understanding of best practices & problem areas while handling large distributed datasets.
- Experience working with Client facing web applications
- Familiarity with template driven rendering and client and server side MVC architectures
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, tools and best practices.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience.
- Proven track record with rapid development cycles and demanding schedules.
Responsibilities - Design and develop enterprise level, highly available web application platforms utilizing Java and JEE technologies - Work on Spring and/or Hibernate web services - Be part of test driven environments and methodologies - Be part of technology driven team and a resource on latest technology, methods, and best practices - Develop critical system components as well as review team deliverables for accuracy, quality, and completeness. - Work under aggressive schedules and with cross functional teams to achieve large initiatives. - Drive documentation of technical design and architecture of the system.
Education & Experience
BS, MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in communicating and championing technical ideas with all levels of the organization including executives.
- Strong ability to prioritize, and push to completion aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to engage in vigorous debate to arrive upon the simplest possible solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Driven, inventive, curious, and a fast learner.