Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. When you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you can accomplish. We’re looking for an experienced Broadcast Engineer for our Corporate Conference Center Production Services team. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple. In this role, you will work with our in-house production services team to provide video engineering and other production services for a variety of high-production-value, live events. The Broadcast Engineer role includes keeping meticulous documentation of as-built plans, performing maintenance on production equipment, and stepping into various operator roles.
- 10 + years’ experience as a broadcast engineer in a live broadcast environment, such as television studios, remote trucks, or live venues.
- 5 + years’ experience working with professional production switchers (Sony experience preferred) and professional video routers (Evertz and Imagine experience preferred).
- You expertly operate and maintain all production equipment, including, but not limited to, audio and video routers, fiber transport systems, sync generators and master clocks, frame sync converters, laser projectors, video production switchers, captioning encoders/decoders, video tape record decks, robotic cameras, audio mixers, and assistive listening devices.
- You have deep experience with signal routing and monitoring and are familiar with workflows required for transmission to outside broadcast trucks and master control rooms.
- You proficiently utilize test equipment, such as scopes, analyzers, and digital multimeters. You are also skilled with color calibration.
- You can read and edit CAD drawings.
- You should be able to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You possess effective vendor management, project management, and follow-through ability.
- You consistently provide high-touch customer service to customers, colleagues, other departments, and outside vendors.
- You communicate with respect, tact, and professionalism at all times.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where working with a sense of urgency is the norm.
- You are able to bend, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds. You are able to climb ladders, step-stools, and stairs to maintain equipment.
You will act as a collaborative teammate while contributing to the design, installation, and commissioning of theater broadcast systems. Assist with equipment specifications and upgrades. You will ensure all production equipment is operational and accurately maintained. You will operate, inspect, and conduct alignment of projectors and ensure projector room safety protocols are followed. You maintain cleanliness and wire management of equipment racks. You work to reduce downtime when equipment fails by quickly identifying problems and implementing solutions. Ensure redundant systems are consistently tested and verified. You work with customers to manage their presentation content (could include loading Keynote presentations, QuickTime content, etc.). You are a standout colleague, remain open to performing in a variety of crew roles and learn new skills. During events, support the crew by performing in roles such as robotic camera operator, camera shader, audio engineer (typically A2), etc. You put customers’ needs first and do what it takes to ensure customer satisfaction. You maintain a helpful, supportive demeanor and develop good relationships. You adhere to Apple’s high production standards and codes of ethical conduct. You will remain flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including traveling and working early mornings, evenings, or weekends. Remain current with technological developments in the video, presentation, and broadcast fields by attending conferences like NAB and InfoComm annually.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.