Cloud DevOps Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We in the Apple Infrastructure Systems team are seeking a manager with strong technical skills and experience. We would love to find someone who has an extraordinary passion for software development and delivering high-quality products to a diverse audience. Are you ready to develop the best work of your life?
- - You are a leader: opinionated, organized, independent, ability to influence, strong collaborator
- - You possess a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Docker, Helm, Prometheus, Itsio, Grafana
- - You command advanced experience with AWS. Experience of GCP and/or Azure is a plus.
- - You are experienced with distributed shared storage such as CEPH, GlusterFS, S3 and etc.
- - You should be able to drive adoption of CI/CD, deployment automation, and release engineering standard methodologies.
- - You maintain configuration management expertise using Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- - We need you to have a detailed understanding of UNIX/Linux, preferably RedHat derivatives.
- - You are strong in Golang language.
- - You command technical knowledge of DevOps, IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) in public (AWS) or private cloud instances.
- - You have a validated ability to work with conflicting partner interests effectively.
- - Your technical communications skills (verbal and written) are well-developed.
- - You maintain the highest ethical standards and integrity.
- - Good interpersonal and prioritization skills and you have a real passion for learning
You will use your technical expertise to tackle rare engineering problems at scale. You are comfortable with rapidly-evolving designs and requirements and have excellent communication skills. Success depends on influencing other teams that run Apple’s Data Center Operations. You will have a sense of customer-focused solutions that “just work,” and keep this in mind at every stage of development. You will articulate ideas clearly within our team and collaborate with other organizations at Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Java Spring/Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault
- Experience with GRPC, Protocol buffers