Wireless Design Verification Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to be part of Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? We are responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this technical, hands-on management role, you will lead a verification team collaborating with the engineering design team and developing the verification environment for new silicon developments.
- We would like you to have at least 10+ years of industry experience along with prior verification team management experience bringing silicon ICs into mass production.
- Advanced knowledge of ASIC design and verification flow including RTL design, simulation, synthesis, test bench development, regression, equivalence checking, timing analysis, scan insertion and test pattern generation is key to success.
- Hands-on experience with UVM and SystemVerilog is critical.
- You can benefit from experience with low-level programming of systems in C/C++. Experience in writing scripts in languages such as Perl, Python, and Tcl is helpful too.
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces, good understanding of Verilog, Verilog simulator and debug are essential.
- Deep understanding of constrained random verification process, functional coverage, code coverage, etc.
- Experience with formal verification tools is a plus.
- We'd like a great teammate with excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges.
Your job will include: - Take responsibility for all aspects of verification methodology employed by the team and ensure the application of uniform standards and adoption of best practices. - Lead the verification team and be responsible for hiring, resource planning, scheduling, performance management, communication with upper management and overall verification team execution. - Collaborate with other DV teams within Apple to identify holes in the design verification flow and implement corrective action. - Work closely with design engineers to review specifications, understand chip architecture, develop tests & coverage plans, define methodology & test benches. - Hands on Design Verification – implement test benches, run regressions at RTL and gate level, run CDC verification at module and top-level, generate and report DV metrics with respect to bug tracking and code coverage, debug failures and provide feedback to the design team.
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent is a requirement, MS/PhD preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.