RF System Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing RF and cellular wireless validation team? Our team is responsible for all aspects of cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. As an RF system test engineer, you will be at the center of the wireless system characterization effort within a team responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art wireless communication devices. In this role, you will be involved in bringup and characterization of the wireless and cellular SoC IP. You will build and execute test plans to meet project schedule and metric requirements, including coverage metrics.
- We would like you to have 5+ years of wireless system characterization experience in communication system on chips. We are open to multiple experience levels.
- Deep understanding RF, system measurement techniques and lab procedure. We are open to multiple experience levels.
- Sound knowledge of RF, PLL, and general wireless systems measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, lock time, etc.).
- Experience with wireless system FW/SW regression test.
- Experience with digital interfaces including UART/I2C/JTAG.
- Familiarity with radiated measurements, antennas, chambers, and calibration.
- Proficiency with measurement automation tools and scripting languages such as, SCPI, Python, C/C++, Matlab.
- Proficiency with reviewing and understanding RTL/Verilog implementation of calibration state-machines and digital system flows such as AGC and TX power control.
• Investigate and find the root cause for system level figure of merits that cannot meet specifications • Conduct bench test, debug, and characterization of RF SoC IPs, including transmitters, receivers, PLL, power amplifiers, ADC/DAC, crystal oscillators, and PMU. • Perform RF system characterization measuring EVM, phase noise, sensitivity, and other radio parameters. • Create RF System models for RF/Analog impairments, correlating radio behavioral model to system measurements. • Lead bringup and validation of radio system flows including RX AGC, TX power control, PLL lock and tracking, etc. • Run analysis and verification of radio calibrations (DPD, IQ/LOFT, DCOC, RC cal, etc.). • Debug chip level or board level desense and spur issues. • Generate RF design/verification/test reports. • Collaborate with RF bring-up and integration teams on RF board layout, test interface methodology and programming sequence, and RF calibration programming.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required, MSEE/PhD in electrical engineering is a plus.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.