Retail Network Operations Manager
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you passionate about understanding how new technologies work? Join the team that serves as Apple’s nerve center, our Information Systems and Technology group. There are countless ways you’ll contribute here, whether you are designing innovative solutions for complex problems, assisting with ongoing data security or coordinating technology needs related to product launches. Join our team, and together we’ll explore all the ways to help users continue to do their best work at Apple. Amaze yourself. Amaze the world. A job at Apple is unlike any other you've had. You'll be challenged. You'll be inspired. And you'll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you'll be part of something big. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job -- like everyone here -- and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) team manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple -- how we take an order online, the experience with technology in our retail stores, how much network capacity we need around the world, the processing of every credit card an iTunes customer uses, and closing the books. IS&T does it all. We’re looking for outstanding candidates to join our Global Infrastructure Operations team, leading our Retail Network function. This position is a management role, leading a 24x7 operations team responsible for our retail store networks. Reporting to the GIO - Network & Traffic leader, you will engage with internal customer partners, and international partners in the UK and India to deliver high availability, and highly efficient operations services. This role will drive key goals in the areas of automation, process standardization, measurement, analytics, and efficiency. The Global Infrastructure Operations group is responsible for operating and maintaining Apple’s technical infrastructure globally, including both corporate and enterprise technologies, as well as externally facing services such as Music, TV, iCloud, Pay, Maps, News, FaceTime and more!
- Key Minimum of 5 years working in an IT, Internet Services, or Cloud environment, with a preference on prior management experience.
- Unsurpassed customer experience focus, with a “can-do” attitude.
- Passion for leading, mentoring, and growing people.
- Strong knowledge of and hands on experience in data and voice networking operations, including WAN, wired and wireless technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems.
- Strong knowledge of network operations functions.
- Strong knowledge of critical services such as DNS and load balancing.
- Strong understanding of systems operations discipline, workflows, and driving efficiency in ops work.
- Strong understanding of data center and enterprise processes, and experience deploying and operating network systems & services across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging data, analytics, and automation to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Experience with ticketing and analytics platforms such as ServiceNow and Tableau, and leveraging them to gain insights to drive efficiency.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong and effective cross functional relationships.
- CCNP or JNCIP Certification or equivalent experience.
As a Retail Network Operations Manager you will be keeping our retail store networks running and available, resolving outages or service issues and participating in and delivering projects such as new store builds and refresh efforts. Your responsibilities will include managing and mentoring employees; creating and executing staffing and organizational plans as well as talent development growth plans for employees. You will create and deliver performance reviews and work with recruiting partners to ensure effective talent sourcing and staffing. There will be ongoing engagements with customer partners on service delivery, evolution, and efficiency and you will establish and maintain a clear and effective division of responsibilities with our internal customers to establish and maintain a follow the sun service model. You will define and deliver new services, establish and maintain a culture of operations leadership, and improve the efficiency of operations work and workflows by driving automation and process improvements. You are accountable for delivering high availability in the functions we support and participate and drive incident post mortem reviews to drive ongoing improvement. You will engage with leadership on topics such as staffing, availability, efficiency, visibility, project updates and execute and deliver on leadership goals and initiatives to ensure organizational compliance with Apple policies and laws pertaining to related exempt and non-exempt employees.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science, information management, or a related field