Signal Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this position, you will work with the team that develops SOCs used within Apple's mobile devices. You will be specifically responsible for high-speed serial interface signal integrity and power integrity for Apple SOCs covering the span from package to board. Prior design and modeling experience with PCIe, MIPI, or DP interfaces is a must-have.
- You should be an expert with signal and power integrity issues of high speed serial interfaces
- Experience working with the actual product package/board design and analysis, SI/PI methodology development, and lab correlation/validation of the simulation results
- Excellent academic background; 10+ years of working experience beyond graduate school studies
- Familiarity with lab equipment, such as: VNA, TDR, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, etc
- Strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools and transmission line theory
- Excellent communication skills
• Lead the electrical and physical design of high-speed serial interface systems working with platform architecture and PHY design teams • Lead electrical design and validation of package and PCB woking with cross functional team • SI and PI modeling, simulation, and characterization high-speed serial interface • Develop and execute test plans to validate signal and power integrity • Work with product engineering and system engineering to debug and improve product yield
Education & Experience
Phd in Electrical Engineering Or Physics or equivalent experience in lieu of.