Motion Software Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has built innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. Join CoreMotion and work with people who have crafted movement and health technologies. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day.
- Developed C/C++ or ObjC code for a shipping product in a peer reviewed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex requirements into orthogonal and independent components for the purpose of building composable software.
- Experience with software designs where logic/behaviors crosses thread, process, and machine boundaries.
- Implemented signals processing, statistical modeling, and/or machine learning algorithms to run on platforms with limited compute and memory.
- Employed usage of higher level languages (e.g. python, matlab) and posix utilities to expedite common computing tasks.
The Motion Technologies team delivers Health/Fitness features for Apple Watch, iPhones and other Apple products. We are looking for excellent software engineers to join our team. The roles and responsibilities include designing, implementing the software stack for Fitness algorithms for iOS and embedded systems, optimizing implementations for power, memory and performance, and close coordination with multi-disciplinary teams across the company. You will work closely with scientists, engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. Most importantly, you will help ship interactive features that impact millions of users on a daily basis. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship and you are constantly looking for opportunities to improve yourself and your team. We are seeking a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, EECS, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the following:
- Public facing API design.
- Objective-C or Swift.
- Modern C++ idioms.
- Distributed systems.
- ARM assembly.
- Intertial sensors.
- Navigating and understanding large code bases.