Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Landscape Supervisor will work directly with the Landscape Manager to ensure all Apple facilities and grounds are maintained to the highest standards. Close coordination with the Facilities Service Center and the Facilities Building Managers is necessary to ensure landscape services have minimal impact on business operations and employees. Building and fostering a culture of teamwork with vendors and the Facilities Department is required to ensure success for all parties. This position regularly interacts with people throughout numerous departments within Apple and should represent the Facilities Department as a professional partner at all times. This position will frequently know confidential information about special events and must always be discrete and not disclose any details while still planning services to support the event.
- 5+ years of experience in a landscape role, preferably for a large multi-building complex, a campus or an industry leading landscape contractor.
- Team player approach, attitude, aptitude, and values is required.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- An excellent understanding of landscape management including but not limited to: installation, establishment, maintenance, irrigation, sustainability, integrated pest management, tree care, water management, irrigation controllers such as WeatherTRAK and Baseline, equipment operation and maintenance, and various landscape products used on Apple facilities.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide clear direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company.
- Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, take calculated risks, work autonomously and address any issues that may arise day or night in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and logical problem-solving skills are necessary.
- A willingness to provide weekend support for emergencies, other off-hour issues or projects.
- Ability to read and interpret floor plans, blueprints, as-builts, illustrations, schematics, and other supporting facility documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish preferred.
- ISA Arborist, CLT Certifications, Bay-Friendly Landscape Certification and/or QAL preferred or willingness to acquire them.
Oversee the operations and maintenance of landscape service vendors at all Apple facilities throughout the Bay Area. Responsible for leading landscape maintenance, tree care, establishment, water management, irrigation repairs, improvement work and athletic courts. Perform monthly inspections of all Apple facilities and grounds throughout the Bay Area. Work with the Landscape Manager to develop and maintain Facilities strategy and tactical plans and processes to ensure we provide a safe, healthy and productive work environment. Manage and lead multiple vendors to perform at or above expected levels. Hold vendors accountable when work is not performed to expected levels. Identify and implement efficiency and quality control metrics where appropriate. Ensure that our facilities are maintained to the highest standards with the goal of maintaining a world-class corporate campus environment. Participate in special event planning and coordination with various departments and provide services as needed for each event. Assess all services including contractors and supply vendors to ensure that we maintain a balance of quality and cost. Assist with identifying and overseeing landscape improvements as well as collaborating with Apple Project Managers and Landscape Architects to optimize the value and success of all projects. Assist with reviewing proposals for additional improvement work. Assist the Landscape Manager with reviewing monthly invoices. Perform periodic inspections during landscape installation at new facilities to acquire familiarity of site and all landscape install components as well as perform quality control; report issues and observations to Landscape Manager and Apple Project Manager. Ensure the best management practices are followed and compliance is maintained with local, municipal, state and federal agencies as regulations require and apply to landscape practices.
Education & Experience
4-year degree or certificate in Horticulture or related field from an accredited institution is preferred.