Sr. Data Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst who will focus on exploratory analysis and development of innovative insights and reporting to grow engagement of users, specifically supporting sales, operations, editorial curation, and pricing optimizations efforts. You will be a strong problem solver, equipped with strong analytical and quantitative skills suited to approach various kinds of challenges in complex environments. Adept at creative and critical thinking, you are able to deconstruct problems and transform personal insights into data backed recommendations. You are a quick learner with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a technical orientation.
- Do you have strong coding skills or hands-on Hadoop experience?
- - Proficiency in writing code in one of the following languages: R, Python, or Perl is required
- - R, Python, SQL is required
- - Hadoop experience (MapReduce, Hive, Spark SQL) is a huge plus
- Do you have 5-8 years of digital sales & operations analytics experience in supporting business functions?
- Do you also have a combination of the following skills?
- - Strong product intuition, data analysis skills and business presentation skills /story-telling
- - Capable of working with large sets of data in a variety of tools including internal app behavioral data, and industry standard tools
- - Delivery-oriented, able to lead and execute analysis efforts from start to finish
- - Lead business and operations analytics function, should be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- - Great teammate, strong communication skills, go-getter
- - Minimum of Masters degree in the fields of Engineering, Statistics, Business Analytics, Finance, or equivalent quantitative discipline
- If yes to the questions above, you should apply!
Analyze audience behavior patterns to deliver brand awareness, editorial curation, pricing changes, email campaigns, content placement & featuring effectiveness insights to drive sales & operations related strategic decision support. Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to user behavior signals to user purchase patterns to increase habituation and retention of app audience. Partner closely with business, editorial, & marketing teams to deliver meaningful insights that highlights and differentiates the value of their initiatives. Collaborate with sales & operations team to deliver compelling insights about how audiences are experiencing the product at a genre level that combines behavioral, transactional data coupled with phenomenal narratives / storytelling in communicating those insights. Identify new engagement patterns through data mining. Conduct hypothesis driven exploratory analysis, bring insights into a structured communication / presentation to cross functional teams. Create / automate audience segments, campaign and initiative specific performance reports. Collaborate with product, design, engineering, business, and science groups to formulate innovative solutions to improve feature and content engagement. Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using tools such as Spark SQL. Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior management.
Education & Experience
Minimum of Masters degree in the Business Analytics, Finance, Statistics, or equivalent quantitative discipline