Product Counsel, Product Service/Consumer Law
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love Apple products? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment? Do you enjoy working on matters that touch customers all over the world? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep delivery expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We are looking for a skilled attorney with 2-3 years experience and excellent business judgment and communication skills to join our Products Law Group. As a member of the Products Law Group, you will work with AppleCare, engineering, operations, marketing teams to help advise on service practices and consumer laws around the world.
- 2-3 years experience, preferably with experience drafting contracts and some experience in product liability litigation and/or regulatory investigations
- Experience handling your own high-volume workload on day-to-day matters
- Ability to distill complex legal concepts into practical legal guidance for non-lawyers
- Ability to “see through a jury’s eyes” to assess facts, available evidence, and potential defenses to evaluate possibilities for early resolution of claims
- Crisp and clear communication style
- Positive, that enjoys working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple wide-ranging matters, inquiries, and requests, supporting multiple cross-functional teams
- Ability to see beyond the precise question asked to the larger issues and future implications
- Best suited for a high energy self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, varied and collaborative environment
You will be the primary legal contact for one or more teams, programs, or organizations, advising Apple's service, engineering, operations, compliance and risk management groups on a wide range of post-sale service and support, product liability and regulatory compliance issues. You’ll strategize, draft, and coordinate responses to agency inquiries, investigations, and document production requests, working with cross-functional teams around the world. You’ll work closely with business teams to draft letters and agreements to our service providers. You will support customer-facing teams with legal advice to inform customer messaging and resolutions, with a flexible, practical, “problem-solving” approach. You’ll also oversee outside counsel in the efficient investigation, defense, and resolution of pre-litigation product liability claims.
Education & Experience
Requires a JD degree, excellent academic credentials, admission to the California bar (or the ability to become CA-Registered In-House Counsel).