Applied Cognitive Neuroscientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
At Apple, we strive to achieve surprise and delight for every one of our millions of customers around the world. The Technology Development Team is currently looking for an applied neuroscientist who is an expert in cognition and behavior. The ideal candidate will have a strong research background and have made innovative contributions to both neuroscience and to the development of education technology. This person is passionate about creating transformative learning experiences that are enabled by new technology and inspired by cognitive science. We are looking for a great teammate with excellent interpersonal skills and who has a dedication to conducting impactful research in support of technology development.
- The ideal candidate will have at least some of the following:
- 5+ years investigating the neural and behavioral correlates of cognitive processing in applied settings.
- Experience with spatial ability training a plus
- Fluent in experimental design and quantitative analysis of physiological and behavioral data.
- Experience investigating sensorimotor and multi-sensory representations, reward and decision-making processes, visual attention, and executive control a plus.
- Experience using cutting edge technology to build novel educational experiences that enhance learning and performance.
- Demonstrated passion for developing technology that enables critical thinking, interactive learning, and creativity.
- Experience working with a diverse population of learners in various educational settings, including normal healthy populations.
- Knowledge of learning theory in biological and artificial systems a plus.
- Experience collecting/analyzing multimodal datasets desired
- Excellent creative thinking and problem solving skills
This is a multi-faceted scientific role that will require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with other scientists and engineers to rapidly carry out studies that help drive research and development. You will have the following responsibilities: Design and carry out user studies. Perform extensive data analysis to pull out actionable insights from complex multimodal datasets. Work cross-functionally with other teams to translate these insights into transformative educational technology prototypes. Conduct literature reviews and survey technology trends and share insights cross-functionally. Present your findings to key partners
Education & Experience
Doctorate in Neuroscience, Psychology, Biomedical Engineering, or related expertise. 2+ years postdoctoral and/or industry experience.