watchOS Full-Stack Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The watchOS automation tools team is hiring a software engineer to help improve and expand our internal testing platform. This includes everything from designing a frontend using cutting edge web technology to creating scalable services that deliver an easy and simple testing platform for watchOS development and QA engineers. Come join a great team of passionate, hard working, talented and highly motivated people that strive to innovate and surprise and delight our customers through a unique approach to automation testing.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and data structures
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery processes and applications
- Knowledge of common web services principles (HTTP, SSL, REST)
- Work on all phases of the development lifecycle, including continuous integration, testing, deployment, and refactoring
- Passionate about automation and tooling and believe they play a critical role in software development
As an engineer on the Apple Watch team, you will have a significant impact on testing watchOS through automation. We are seeking a talented engineer with experience designing and developing web applications with a curiosity in automating devices. Do you like the variety of work that comes with full-stack development? If so, we want to talk to you! A successful candidate for this role must be a software engineer with excellent communication skills. As a watchOS automation engineer, you will be empowered to work across many teams to improve and expand our current automation offering.
Education & Experience
You will need solid computer science fundamentals—including data structures & algorithms, object-oriented design, and general UI/UX design—to be successful in this role, but a specific degree or concentration is not required.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, a plus.