Signal Integrity - RF Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. We invite you to join us, if you are a self-motivating, passionate electrical engineer with RF design and modeling experience. You will own the RF Integrity of complex wireless transceivers. This includes identifying coupling concerns, and coordinating with the modeling and design teams. You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple - we hope you will thrive in this type of environment.
- 3+ years of working experience in RFIC or RF circuit beyond graduate school studies.
- Familiarity with RFIC design and simulation.
- Working knowledge of mobile product and/or RFIC crosstalk and desense problems.
- Strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools and transmission line theory.
- Experience with RF lab equipment, such as VNA, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, radio communication tester, and RF diagnostic chamber.
- Strong academic training and knowledge on fundamentals of SI and PI issues is a bonus.
- Deep understanding on wireless transceiver designs, architecture, and integration is preferred.
- Familiarity with RF impairment from block to transceiver level, including amplifier, filter and PLL. as well as knowledge on Communication Theory. Basic understanding for QAM, OFDM, MIMO, etc. is a plus.
- You will collaborate with the design, layout, RF architecture and RF integrity modeling teams. - You will identify victim and aggressor pairs, set coupling specs and understand the impact on overall system performance. - You will prioritize the tasks and create plans to model and simulate top items. - You will debug issues and guide layout to improve on chip and on module coupling. - You will take part in the lab testing of coupling conditions by proposing lab experiments, writing test plans, taking measurements, and analyzing lab data.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is a requirement, and Ph.D. is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.