Product Marketing Manager, iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We believe that if you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to consumers and developers is the same person that helped drive its creation. As a Product Marketing Manager at Apple, you will serve as the customer voice during product development working with incredible teams, and also create the launch story and speak to media about why your products matter. Dynamic, creative people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Are you highly motivated by building great products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you! We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join the Worldwide Product Marketing team for iPhone.
- 3+ years Product Management experience with at least one entire product development cycle from concept to introduction. Experience with consumer electronics and imaging technologies for photography or video strongly preferred.
- Technical track record working closely with engineering/technical teams from an in-bound marketing perspective including during early research and development.
- Experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, photographers, filmmakers, and industry experts.
- Requires best-in-class oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national or global level.
- Previous experience with press and media.
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, craft positioning, and define marketing activities.
- Requires international and domestic travel.
Work with a global cross-functional team to define iPhone hardware and software features. Partner with engineering, industrial design, operations, finance, public relations, and marketing communications through the complete product development cycle. Understand your product technologies several layers deep and be able to clearly communicate them with knowledgable insight. Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to pursue in future products. Collect global customer and partner requirements for future product development. Manage trade-offs involving features, schedule, cost, pricing, line positioning, and lifecycle management. Discern new product development opportunities while contributing to the development of the overall iPhone product line strategy. Possess expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products. Make pricing and forecasting recommendations to management and cross-functional teams. Communicate and position the product in relation to other products and the competition. Define product positioning and key product messages. Work with marketing communications and PR on the development of product launch activities, press releases, and marketing materials. Travel the world as the ambassador for your product attending trade shows, customer visits, and press briefings. Closely follow emerging technology, consumer, and societal trends and make recommendations for how products will leverage or fit into those emerging trends.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree. Background or education in photography or film a plus.
- Position based in Santa Clara Valley, California.