Legal Counsel, Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As part of our legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We are looking for an experienced attorney to support its exciting and ever-growing Retail business. As part of the Retail Legal team, you will serve as the primary legal partner to our Retail Marketing team, who bring passion and creativity to both in our physical brick-and-mortar stores as well as our online store. In addition, you will provide legal support to other Retail business teams that keep our Retail Stores running.
- Minimum 4-8 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Experience advising on marketing law and consumer protection issues.
- Comfort independently drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements and policies, including IP licenses, partnership agreements, services agreements, and terms and conditions.
- Product or program counseling experience, advising both strategically and on legal aspects of development.
- Experience working with global and cross-functional teams
- Adaptive time-management skills and ability to project-manage, including strong organization and attention to detail.
- Strength in written and verbal communication.
- Emotional intelligence, a strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, and a genuinely collaborative spirit.
As Legal Counsel, Retail, you will provide legal expertise and support to the face of Apple – its Retail business. Day-to-day, you will support a fast-paced Retail Marketing team, helping to bring to life passions and creativity around our products and services. You will advise closely on creative assets, event programming, strategic partnerships, licenses, and releases. Your responsibilities will include providing legal support to other parts of the Retail business (e.g., its operations and technology teams) to offer practical legal and business advice throughout the various stages of program/technology development and consumer experience. Successful candidates will embrace the challenge of resolving complex issues and conflicting interests in creative and efficient ways, and will demonstrate an outstanding ability to navigate cross-functional collaboration with both legal and business colleagues alike.
Education & Experience