Lava, Hardware Producer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Our busy environment calls for team members that are engaged, dedicated and talented. This role requires a highly skilled and tenured producer with a proven track record managing the creative development process and helping teams create meticulously crafted product imagery in a variety of complex materials.
- Have a proven track record of working with creative Computer Graphic (CG) methodologies across a variety of tools, induing Maya, Nuke, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Have a natural ability, creative eye and aesthetic to be able to creatively evaluate, judge and influence CG artists and print vendors work with little creative oversight.
- Expert with 3D digital workflows as they relate to 2D stills image creation, CG animation and 3D Asset creation.
- Ability to partner effectively with Marcom Brand teams and Product Marketing (PM) ensuring all product imagery follows Senior Art Director and Brand guidelines.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with key external stakeholders in Industrial Design (ID) and Product Design (PD) as it relates to understanding product development and be able to speak knowledgeably to its representation in Marketing materials.
- Is the central point of contact for product imagery creation across still images across all platforms including; Packaging, Retail, Channel, PR and Interactive teams.
- Have a passion for building new process and structure to support the creative process and ultimately optimize day-to-day workflow specifically when it comes to animation deliverables across multiple teams.
- Have the ability to learn and cope with rapid change, be expert at dealing with ambiguity, being able to move forward without knowing all the pieces and have superb attention to detail.
- Have a firm understanding of the creative process and the nuances of product imagery creation this having the ability to accurately evaluate timelines as scoped by internal and external partners. Be able meet deadlines while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Strong communication, written, presentation and social skills are essential. Also, the ability to build rapport, credibility and collaborate well with different roles and levels with both internal and external stake holders.
Actively work with the Hardware Art Director (HWAD) to create and develop best creative practice and standards for your product category, iPhone. Set up and lead Marcom internal creative reviews of all iPhone product imagery from initial concept development through to creation. Coordinate and chair meetings with ID to review and approve creative product imagery. Have the ability to weigh in on the artistic merit of the product imagery. Manage the briefing, creation and timely delivery of product imagery to functional teams. Be the critical partner with HWAD’s in order to assess and highlight artistic issues with product imagery ahead of reviews. Support the HWAD, helping them prepare for creative reviews with our ID by creating PDF review documents and layered Photoshop files. Proactively collate and share information following ID and PD reviews with key Marcom stakeholders. Participate in long term planning efforts across future quarters and financial years, driving project schedules based on yearly roadmap needs.
Education & Experience
You have a college degree in a related field and at least 8-12 years’ work experience in the creative and design field.