Program Manager - Strategic Data Solutions Team
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to join a team that is critical to the success of Apple? Become a part of the responsibility for the data collection and reporting for all of Apple’s hardware products around the world. We build systems that interact with every iPhone, iPad and Mac. We shape the next generation of customer data solutions by working on cutting-edge technologies and collaborating with hardworking teams across Apple. Our systems enable Apple engineering and operations teams to build the next ground breaking product. You'll be joining our diverse and hardworking team to summarize, simplify, and solve complex problems in our global ecosystem. We advance technology by relying on each other's strengths and skills to build something bigger than ourselves. For this reason, team culture is central to our values. We value interpersonal and integrity as much as technical craft. We are looking for an experienced Program Manager who can work closely with our Business Partners and Engineering team to develop our next generation system integration solutions. This involves addressing complex business problems by coordinating, facilitating and managing projects, processes, support contracts, and forecasting. Program Managers must be able to navigate between highly processed tasks that require utmost accuracy and detail, handling ambiguity through expert influencing skills and leveraging relationships to achieve results.
- 7+ years professional work experience in managing and leading complex Software Engineering and/or System Integration projects with increasing responsibilities.
- Exposure to hi-tech manufacturing data systems is a plus.
- Experience in leading Service Engineering teams.
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced environment.
- Hands-on Agile project management experience with ability to create burn down charts, Kanban dashboards, story boarding etc.
- Strong ability to build trusted cross-functional networks to accomplish goals.
- Build consensus while driving valuable meetings amongst cross-functional teams.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- A self starter who is curious, creative and can work autonomously.
- Confirmed ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills to various levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills including ability to persistently follow through on simultaneous open issues from end-to-end.
- Ability to lead competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic willingness to learn new technologies and concepts.
- Capable of grasping essentials in unstructured complex situations.
- Fierce attention to detail with laser beam accuracy.
- Champion for continuous improvement and innovative approaches.
- High level of proficiency with Word processing tools (Pages or Word); Spreadsheets (Numbers or Excel); and presentation tools (Keynote).
- The role requires a proactive work ethic, relationship-building skills, analytical, critical thinking, presentation skills, resourcefulness, the ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Develop and drive team to achieve established goals and objectives.
You will support multiple concurrent projects and partners by delivering infrastructure assets into the Apple ecosystem through to their final destination. You'll interact with employees at all levels of the organization and possess the judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals in an environment with multiple priorities. We are very detail oriented, as the Project Manager you will be the gateway to all Infrastructure Projects. Delays and inaccuracies can create delays and cost overruns in remote infrastructure implementations. You will track and support infrastructure through its historical lifecycle from purchasing to retirement. You will collaborate with a diverse team of Project Managers, System Administrators, Facilities, Financial Analysts, Procurement, Tax, Legal, Trade Compliance, Contract Manufacturers, and Suppliers. PROJECT BASED RESPONSIBILITIES: You will support multiple concurrent projects and stakeholders by delivering end to end system integration solutions. You'll interact with employees at all levels of the organization and possess the judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals in an environment with multiple priorities. We are extremely detail oriented, as the Program Manager you will be the gateway to all System Integration Projects. Delays and inaccuracies can create delays and cost overruns in remote infrastructure implementations. You will track and support projects through its historical lifecycle from inception to warranty. You will collaborate with a diverse team of Project Managers, Business SMEs, Data Analysts, Software Engineers, Software Architects, and System Administrators. Project based responsibilities: - Ability to play the role of a project manager, data analyst, and team lead - Ability to communicate status upward to Director level as well as laterally to project team members - Ability to work on confidential projects and maintain confidentiality at all times - Independently collect information from multiple sources via one-on-one interviews with business owners and experts - Thorough understanding of Apple’s manufacturing and supply chain processes. - Thorough understanding of Apple’s SDS Infrastructure and data collection platform - Must be able to validate delivered solutions against business requirements for clarity and completeness - Thorough understanding of business processes and working internally in the Product Operations space is needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field Master of Business Administration is a plus