Mixed-Signal IC Test Engineering Manager [based in Tokyo]
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. This position will be responsible for test hardware and test program development for high-volume mixed-signal IC’s. It includes responsibility for test hardware development including test boards and ATE probe cards which are required for debug, characterization, qualification and production of mixed signal IC’s. This engineer will also support IC characterization and failure analysis on ATE. Taking upon this role will require permanent relocation to Tokyo.
- More than 7 years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals, design for test and design for manufacturing.
- Expertise in semiconductor test methodology.
- Experience working on mixed-signal IC’s with hands on VLSI ATE experience.
- Experience writing and debugging test programs.
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers.
- Business level English communication capability (verbal and writing/reading)
- Knowledge of data analysis, statistical analysis and data interpretation.
- Knowledge of cost structure and efficient test structure.
Working with international teams for development of high-quality and cost-effective test solutions for new ICs. Design, implement and debug test program SW and test HW, including test fixtures and probe cards, as needed. Leading test engineering team and manage/coordinate test related activities with internal / cross-functional and external teams as well as hands-on work. Evaluate new product testability and deliver operations-friendly test setup.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required
- Experience handling ATE test programs for characterization and data collection is plus.
- Analog and digital IC high volume manufacturing experience is plus.