Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Technology Development Group is looking for a highly motivated leader to manage our engineering infrastructure team. Our projects span a wide range of critical product technology teams. You will provide a key function in shaping the success of Apple’s current and future products, and help deliver exciting new software features whilst maintaining Apple’s world class quality.
- Experience managing software infrastructure projects.
- Experience managing automation and test labs.
- Technical experience with cloud-based infrastructure and systems (e.g. AWS).
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience with continuous integration and related systems (Xcode Server, Jenkins etc.).
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- A genuine passion for developing and leading people.
- Proven track record of being proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The TDG Infrastructure Team is responsible for managing the physical and cloud-based infrastructure used by our organization for a variety of software engineering purposes. The team oversees numerous file storage, telemetry gathering, and automated testing systems for a wide range of teams who all have different (and often quite unique!) challenges. The key responsibilities of the job include: • Develop the strategic direction for infrastructure across the organization. • Drive projects to move from locally managed physical infrastructure to cloud-based large-scale solutions provided by other teams at Apple. • Strive for 100% uptime for our systems. When failures do arise, communicate with full transparency, perform root cause analysis and make appropriate decisions to mitigate future occurrences. • Establish, communicate and track SLAs for infrastructure requests. Strive for rapid turnaround to keep our engineering teams moving. • Manage our org-wide collaboration tools. • Build up and effectively manage our automation and test labs. Work with QA teams to find the right solutions for them. • Work with engineering leaders to managing infrastructure budgets. • Hire effective and passionate people to support our efforts.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in an engineering related field, or equivalent experience