Machine Learning Scientist/Engineer, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Are you a self-starter looking for an exciting career opportunity? Do you like to ship Data Science and Machine Learning based products that impact millions of users around the world? A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had! You’ll be challenged, inspired, and you will be proud of your work. Maps are a significant part of our everyday lives. Whether you are looking for the nearest gas station, finding a transit route that gets you to the big game before kickoff, or selecting a peculiar restaurant for dinner with friends, you are relying on information from the Maps. As part of the Maps POI team, we aggregate, process large volumes of data and transform them into Points of Interest (POI) which our users across the world search and navigate to every single day. As part of the POI team, we are looking for a ML Scientist/Engineer who will help us enrich our POI data. You are someone who can take projects from initial data mining and research through all stages of prototyping, development, and final integration into the production code that goes out to the users.
- 1-3 years of experience in building large scale machine learning systems
- Experience in web mining topics such as information extraction and knowledge management
- Experience applying NLP and machine learning techniques to text data
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Ability to frame real world problems into significant ML tasks
- Knowledge of Apache Hadoop, Spark, Solr/Lucene, Cassandra, and related technologies
- Strong programming skills in Java, Scala, Python, or C++
- Metrics focused with solid analytical skills to quantify the impact of models and/or perform opportunity analysis
- Deep learning, computer vision and graph algorithms are a huge plus
Apple Maps Points of Interest (POI) team is looking for creative and motivated contributors who thrive in dynamic environment and enjoy working in small teams. As a member of our team, you will work on applied machine learning and natural language processing algorithms to seek problems that focus on topics such as information extraction, classification and related algorithms to augment and enrich Points of Interest (POIs). You will have full ownership of your projects and build end to end machine learning systems and modules. You'll be collaborating with Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Statisticians and Data Scientists, and Editorial teams across Maps Organization.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or related field