Senior Metrics Engineer, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple POI Data Metrics team is seeking an extraordinary Senior Metrics Engineer who is passionate about crafting, developing and fielding POI data quality metrics to have a direct and measurable impact to Apple! Deep expertise in data processing, analysis and evaluation including hands-on experience with big data sets is required to analyze and mine our extensive database for worldwide points-of-interest, rich content and related information. A successful candidate must have a strong, verifiable track record in leading and delivering data processing and analytical projects as well as working with other teams on actionable follow-ups to the insights. A background in Maps or geospatial analysis is highly recommended. A results oriented mind set with phenomenal motivation to take initiative is encouraged. This is a highly visible role in the company, that requires building actionable insights from large quantities of data. You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation of data to craft and present compelling stories that drive engineering focus to advance the Maps product. Your dedication to quality and customers is paramount. The successful metric engineer will partner with various teams, such as product engineering, human judgement/rating, analytics infrastructure, and tools teams, to propose, design, implement, and use processes, pipelines, and dashboards that improve data quality. At Apple phenomenal ideas come to life through its product and services. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years of experience working on data processing and analytical projects and / or data science.
- Proven background in applied statistics as well as good working knowledge of machine learning and data mining techniques including hands-on experience with corresponding software libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with geo spatial data is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with real world, big data is required.
- Experience in Hive, Spark or other big data frameworks and programming skills in Python are encouraged.
- Ability to analyze a problem and develop a full solution from concept to prototype.
- Teammate with a long term vision and will to take lead in supporting the overall team goal is a must.
- Passion for quality and attention to details.
- Ability to effectively manage your time with an eye on delivery of the final solution.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to present own results to other teams in an engaging way.
Apply standard methodology data analysis techniques and data science methods to derive in-depths insights into points-of-interest data and related information including text, images, events and log data. Design and implement data product prototypes for existing or new data types to demonstrate the value of a particular approach. Propose new data products / features and collaborate with other teams on the overall product and its implementation.
Education & Experience
A degree in Computer Science or similar degree with relevant coursework in Data Analysis, Statistics or Data Science is preferred. Specific geospatial qualifications are preferred but not required.