Software Products Counsel - AI & Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting edge and often unexplored aspects of the law. You'll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple’s software products and businesses. You’ll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We have an outstanding opportunity for a technology attorney to join our Software Products Legal group, providing product support for Apple’s Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning software team. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting Apple’s AI/ML initiatives and related software products.
- 4+ years of legal experience advising on software and technology related issues, providing practical legal advice, negotiating and drafting technology transactions
- Experience analyzing legal and regulatory issues and crafting policy affecting technology, machine learning and data privacy highly preferred
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business and engineering teams and senior executives alike
- Creative problem solver who can drive transactions and analyze and help resolve complex issues in innovative and practical ways
- Strong writing and contract drafting skills, adept at putting together agreements for a wide variety of technology transactions
- Best suited for a high energy self-starter who loves technology and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- In-house experience preferred
Do you enjoy products work and helping others find solutions to big challenges? Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working on teams? We are looking for you to support and advise Apple’s engineering, product marketing and operations teams on a wide variety of matters related to Apple products, including feature/technology research and development, licensing, intellectual property, and regulatory proposals and compliance. Responsible for staying current on the rapidly evolving legal landscape impacting AI, and the complex intellectual property, privacy, and ethical issues associated with its development. You will be structuring, drafting and negotiating license, development and other technology agreements, as well as counseling clients on day-to-day legal matters including data privacy aspects. You will also work as a member of the broader legal team supporting Apple’s products and services.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.