Wireless Power Silicon Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is at the forefront of wireless power technology which improves everyday life for its users. In this position, you will be part of a team developing innovative concepts and defining key mixed-signal wireless power ASICs to enable new Apple products. This is a unique opportunity to work with the some of the best architects and system designers in wireless power at the forefront of wireless power technology.
- MS in EE with 10+ years or Ph.D. in EE with 5+ years of experience with deep knowledge in analog, mixed-signal, and/or power management IC design.
- Deep understanding of mixed-signal ASIC design challenges, development process, and robust methodology.
- Good understanding of hardware / firmware interactions and system design implications
- Good understanding of system integration such as layout, thermals, mechanical, and manufacturing challenges
- Experience with transistor-level and behavioral simulation tools, such as Cadence, Simplis, and Matlab, etc. and mathematical analysis tools such as MathCad, Excel, etc.
- Good understanding of silicon physics and silicon processes including IC packaging technologies.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills, and teamwork
- Ability to complete projects independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and overseas as needed
As a Wireless Power Silicon Architect, you will drive innovative power architecture and technology concepts, define system level partitioning and wireless power ICs. This work entails investigation, analysis, and design through successful product level implementation: Core architecture and technology design based on technical rigor optimizing key power metric performance including but not limited to efficiency, power density, cost, reduced carbon footprint and scalability. Be a key member for Apple’s core architecture team for new product ideas, system level partitioning, system design optimization and trade-off analysis, hardware/firmware interaction and system usage analysis. Author detailed specifications, analyses, and characterization plans for wireless power ASICs. Concept verification and validation with simulations and prototype design, lead pre-silicon system validation, prototype bring-up, debug, validation, characterization, and post-silicon module integration support. Perform rigorous design reviews with silicon vendors. Drive vendors to get the highest quality of products in a very challenging schedule. Provide design simulation, calculation and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome including control loop stability, transient responses, accuracy and noise, layout analysis and parasitic extractions. Drive/develop advanced algorithms to ensure module performance by working closely with system, firmware, and other cross-functional teams. Hands-on work in lab is expected; familiarity with scripting language such as Python or C is bonus Present architecture investigations, technical issues, risks, and mitigations plans clearly and concisely.
Education & Experience
MS in EE with 10+ years or Ph.D. in EE with 5+ years of experience in analog and/or power management IC design is must.