New Media Production Counsel, Original Content - Legal & Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an exceptional production attorney to take a leadership role on its team, which supports Apple’s original video content efforts worldwide.
- 5 or more years relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of law firm and on-point, in-house legal experience
- Extensive knowledge of new-media production across different types of programming
- Established, strong relationships within the entertainment industry
- The ideal candidate will have experience with new media distribution and interest in other emerging technologies
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
The Original Content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of television and movies. In this role, you will oversee all legal aspects of Apple’s production activities, from drafting and negotiating a large volume of agreements to resolving issues on set. The successful candidate will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator drafter, an energetic team member on the ground, and a counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.