Senior DevOps Engineer - Partner Solutions and Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Partner Solutions and Technology team is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer. As a DevOps Engineer for Partner Solutions and Technologies, you will be challenged with developing tools, automating processes. Come join our team to support business initiatives driven by sales and marketing teams at Apple. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- Strong experience in Systems Engineering/SRE/DevOps role
- Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Python, Perl, PHP etc.)
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems
- 6+ years of experience with Linux, UNIX, CoreOS, etc.
- Experience in Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- Proven track record of securely architecting and managing cloud platforms such as (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Nomad, Mesos) using Infrastructure as Code techniques.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You’re well versed in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc. ).
- Knowledge of various monitoring platforms (Nagios, Splunk, Sensu, Cacti, collectd, Graphite etc.)
- Technical skills in JVM application management, NoSQL, CDN technologies, network analysis tools, distributed systems will be key to success in identify production issue
This is your chance to join a DevOps team that runs the CI/CD pipeline for Apple's applications which supports hundreds of developers around the globe. We are passionate about continuously improving the way we enable the software development lifecycle and push the envelope to reimagine cutting edge solutions to engineering problems of scale. As a member of the team, you would develop tools and services to automate our ops tasks and improve our next generation CI/CD pipeline. We also value personal relationships and take the time to get to know each other and our partners. Sound good? We'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or MS degree or equivalent experience.
- - You’re a hands-on strategist.
- - You can lead a project yourself.
- - Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus.
- - Ability to solve problems by working with distributed team members to resolve large scale production issues
- - You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- - Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- - You automate things rather than doing them twice. Build tools, enable teams is what we believe in.