Automation Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Technology Development Group is looking for a passionate and highly motivated leader to manage our automation tools development team. You will provide a key function in shaping the success of Apple’s current and future products, and help deliver exciting new software features whilst maintaining Apple’s world class quality. We’re looking for a testing and automation aficionado to drive this critical function and enable new kinds of testing in a fast-paced environment with rapidly developing priorities.
- Experience in automation frameworks and tools development.
- Deep knowledge of Apple’s software development platforms.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies including triaging, debugging, testing, etc.
- Experience managing automation and test labs.
- Experience deploying testing for performance, UI, features, stability, and other product-oriented needs.
- Passion for building strong working relationships across a large organization.
- Able to work in an ambiguous and highly interdependent work environment to get things done in an efficient and thoughtful way.
- A genuine passion for developing and leading people.
- Proven track record of being proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The TDG Automation Engineering Team is responsible for developing tools and frameworks that our QA and Engineering partners across the organization can leverage to efficiently write and execute tests on their systems. The team gets involved at every level of the stack, from low-level hardware interfaces to high-level convenience functions, this team thinks through every kind of test scenario to make it super easy for our clients to write effective and efficient tests. The team supports a wide variety of disciplines including apps, UI frameworks, developer tools, rendering engines, and many more exciting, future-looking areas. The key responsibilities of the job include: • Develop the strategic direction for automated testing across the organization. • Develop and promote new testing frameworks, tools and processes across our many teams. • Build tools that help our QA teams focus on what is unique to their products and avoid overlapping efforts. • Build up and effectively manage our automation and test labs. Work with QA teams to find the right solutions for them. • Hire and develop effective and passionate engineers to support our efforts.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in an engineering related field, or equivalent experience