Lava Producer, 3D Assets
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We work on high-impact projects that serve various lines of business, use the latest technologies, and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. The Producer, 3D Assets is the key partner driving the day-to-day project management of 3D modeling, rigging and look dev teams’ deliverables. They are responsible for overseeing the timelines and owning the schedules, distribution for all 3D assets and their effective integration across functions.
- Have at least seven years experience collaborating closely with digital artists in a demanding creative environment under tight deadlines.
- Work with other departments to get current CAD, samples and prototypes, in order to properly schedule production, reviews and asset distributions.
- Have familiarity with CG pipelines and be able to work directly with artists in order to achieve optimum results.
- Have extensive proficiency in spreadsheet tools. File database software knowledge, shot tracking software, Photoshop and Nuke knowledge are a plus.
- Possess strong communication, writing, presentation, interpersonal, and creative skills and be able to speak technically about your work.
Work closely with the Industrial Design department to request CAD, prototypes, and set up reviews for approvals. Responsible for aligning overall timelines for model creation with group’s yearly roadmap. Ensure the team stays on track for deadlines, organizing internal reviews and driving work to completion. Work with the technical director, artist leads and associate producer, to establish a scalable 3D pipeline and continue to innovate that pipeline as technology demands. Maintain team’s disclosure list and vet other team’s asset distribution requests. Responsible for obtaining, safeguarding and cataloguing CAD prototypes, and samples. Participate in planning efforts, coordinate project schedules and artist allocations on a quarterly basis. Help to identify and evangelize new talent by assisting with the recruiting effort.
Education & Experience
Ideally you have a college degree and at least 7-10 years work experience in the creative and design field or the equivalent.