Audio Signal Processing Research Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The IMG Audio Algorithms team is looking for a motivated and talented engineer to develop audio signal processing algorithms for Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, AirPods, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. The Interactive Media Group’s (IMG) Core Audio team provides audio foundation across these products and is central to high-profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, and media playback. The team is seeking engineers who are passionate about developing best-in-class audio experiences, and who relish the opportunity to impact the way millions of users listen and communicate.
- 5+ years experience in audio signal processing development.
- Expertise in signal processing for hearing devices including, e.g., multi-band compression, noise suppression, beamforming, acoustic feedback cancellation, acoustic environment classification. Theoretical understanding of statistical signal processing and machine learning.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and implementing machine learning workflows.
- Solid understanding of psychoacoustics including speech perception, loudness perception, and binaural hearing.
- Experience in perceptual audio evaluation, statistical analysis and feature validation.
- Excellent software programming (C, C++, Python, Matlab).
As part of the team, you will research, invent, and implement novel audio signal processing algorithms to improve listening experiences on current and future generations of Apple products (e.g. AirPods).
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in CS or EE, Industry experience