Business Affairs Assistant, Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding, but it also rewards creativity, original thinking and hard work. None of us here would have it any other way. Does an exciting, dynamic, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining us. Apple Inc.’s Apple TV+ division is seeking an Assistant for the Business Affairs department to provide high-level administrative and operational support to multiple Business Affairs executives. We're seeking a collaborative team member with a friendly work style, who's well-organized, detail-oriented, able to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and take initiative.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an executive assistant or coordinator in a television or new media business/legal affairs department, talent agency, or entertainment law firm with hands-on exposure to the dealmaking and negotiating process preferred
- Experience in contract review, drafting and redlining required
- Strong reading comprehension skills to understand and distill key terms
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive materials with discretion
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills with confidence while dealing with various departments and executives
- Proactivity and flexibility, with the ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and demands
- You will need to work well collaboratively, maintain integrity and to prioritize and tackle challenges under pressure with a heavy workload, while not compromising attention to detail
- Real passion for TV/Digital Media industry. Specific knowledge of TV, Film and/or SVOD dealmaking preferred
- Familiarity with guild agreements and labor requirements (WGA, SAG, DGA, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with Apple products and software including Mac computers, iOS software, Keynote, Pages, and Numbers, etc. is preferred
We're looking for a critical thinker and teammate who can quickly develop an understanding of our operations, culture, policies, and procedures and excel in working in a dynamic, heavy workload environment. You will build precedent charts, deal summaries and other reports as needed to assist executives with negotiations. You will handle cross-functional calendars with heavy scheduling; organize meetings via live videoconference and conference calls and travel. You will be our liaison to other departments across Apple TV+, such as Creative Development, Production, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Security. Some of the additional responsibilities include executive expense reports, copying, filing and organization of hard/soft files. You will craft and maintain informational charts, review, proofread, and summarize documents, and draft correspondence and presentations for the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Law degree and admission to CA State Bar strongly preferred.