Media Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, to Apple TV, macOS, CarPlay and AirPlay-2 with core technologies such as Metal, Core Audio, Core Video, Core Animation, and more.
- Hands-on experience working with embedded and desktop platforms, using a wide variety of media, engineering and software development tools and interfaces
- Hands-on experience in video systems and related technologies - video compression standards (H.264, HEVC, AV1), video quality metrics, common video tools and video frameworks (E.g., FFMpeg, X264/x265, OpenCV) and OTT content delivery technologies (HLS, DASH)
- Knowledgable in emerging video format technologies such as Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG-HDR and how display technologies (OLED, 2D-LCD) and capabilities (contrast, brightness) interact with these formats to deliver the user experience. Understanding of WCG and other color technologies is a strong plus.
- Proficient and flexible programmer, from modeling in Matlab to optimizing in compiled code such as C, C++, Objective-C and Swift to scripting in Python, Bash and Make
- Proficient in Linux/Darwin command line environments
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize your workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As a Media Quality Engineer on the IMG Media Quality Team, you will work collaboratively with a team that utilizes its in depth knowledge of underlying video technologies, content mastering, distribution encoding, content delivery and media framework operation to perform subjective and objective video quality analysis of a wide range of Apple products to ensure we’re delivering the best possible video experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/EE or equivalent
- iOS/macOS development experience, Experience conducting or participating in Subjective Quality user studies